September 22, 2008

An inappropriate proposition

3 posts in one week! Look at me go. Working on making this blog more blog-worthy.

Lesson 10 for Grade 5 is "Do you want some more?" Some of the questions the kids learn are: "Do you want some water?", "Do you want a knife?", "Do you want a spoon?", and my favorite, "Do you want a fork?"

Why? Because when one of my co-teachers asks it (in her lovely Korean fobby accent), it comes out as "Do you wanna fuck?!?"

And it's hard to take seriously when the kids reply, "Yes, please."

Sick, I know. But it's true. I have to try really hard to keep myself from laughing. In fact, whenever I asked the question, I felt myself almost slipping out the actual word "fuck" a few times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) the surprise birthday story was hilarious. as was the moped/flash story...and the fork story.

2) how are you? i've decided that i'd really like to teach english in korea TOOOOOO! when i graduate. what program did you go through? and how far in advance did you have to apply? etc...?

and 3) when are you coming back???

Elisabeth Eyre said...

haha, corrupting the kids already, I see.

mracine said...

I love hearing little slip ups like these. Some of the other words that I like to hear the kids say are ship and beach.

Anonymous said...

AMY! You are the BEST blogger ever. I LOVE your stories and was just recently introduced to your blog after Pa Kou read your "Georgee Pussy" story. :D It's Halloween and just to let you know, you are missed. :D Take care and I'll be back to read some more...