April 23, 2008

Missy's introduction

As another means of looking super cool, a bunch of us Yeongjuans ventured out and purchased some pretty dope bicycles. I'd like to introduce the blogger world to my new best friend, Missy Corex.


Isn't she a treasure? Used and abused, I felt a bond immediately. I'm not normally a fan of purple, but I think being in Korea has changed my ways, much like me actually enjoying eating bean sprouts now. Missy and the rest of the bike gang took a mini trip along the Seocheon (Yeongju's river) and felt what we like to call freedom.

However, upon bringing Missy home for the evening, we had our first fight. She decided to be a stubborn little brat and would not get into the small elevator. We fought for a while until I got fed up and just picked her right up and held her handle bars until we made it safely up to the 4th floor. What a heavy load she is! I had to lecture her about cutting back on the bulgogi (beef) because then she'd have to start moving on her own. I thought I'd be a good mother and give her a wash. But immediately she proceeded to shy away from the shower when I stuck her in the bathroom, so washing her bum was a bit difficult and I ended up getting water all over the doorway. I scrubbed Missy religiously on my hands and knees and realized that I made about a .00000001% difference. But her purpleness does have a bit more of a shine to it, I admit. I attribute that to her natural glow.

Missy and I spent some time bonding and I realized that a lot of her behavior was due to her sudden separation from Sunstar, the beautiful hot pink bike with a blue seat that is now owned by Shannon. I reassured her that they could still be part of the same gang, so now we've reconciled. We talked about things and decided to work with each other more efficiently so that we can avoid similar problems in the future, so I've forgiven her for such behavior!

It's going to be lovely journey together, Missy! To bonfires and swimming parties and Homeplus and norae bangs! I'm excited! Aren't we cute together?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the basket in the front. It's just like in the movies! lol...you'll need your tri-level lunch thing to fit right in it. You know...filled with spicey rolls.

Anonymous said...

now you are a real korean. i mean, i always see it in the movies. haha

Anonymous said...

Are you going to get a nightlight for Missy? and a helmet? bells?

Anonymous said...

anonymous is from me ntxawm shua. i didn't know how to put in my name.

Anonymous said...

hey amy
have a look at http://tigertesl.blogspot.com I think it might be a good help to you
Yin
X