I never thought I'd eat something "alive" but I promised myself I'd at least try it once before leaving South Korea. Surprisingly, I had the guts to try it 2 months in. Of course, I freaked out. I was told that if you don't eat it fast enough, its tentacles will suck onto your throat and cause you to choke. So I chewed it at a superhuman speed.
Don't mind the poorly handled use of chopsticks. I did say I highly dislike the metal chopsticks.
Not bad. Delicious even. It's really not all that it's hyped up to be. After eating this, my coteacher said, "Okay, I think now you are Korean!"
I still don't think I will ever try silkworm larvae, though. Then again, I said the same thing about live octopus.


4 comments:
GROSS!!! It's like Bizarre Foods with Anthony Zimmerm or whatever his name is.
Poor Amy, when you finally work up the courage to do it, you have chopstick technical difficulties! Ah, the suspense! At least it wasn't moving anymore. lol
way to go! you can be on fear factor now! i'm going to show the kids. uncle shua's been to lotte world too!
No, it WAS moving! I saw it! I almost gagged watching you eat it. Way to go!
Post a Comment