I was given the day off from school as it was "school spirit day" so I was unable to play any April Fools jokes on people. Another EPIK teacher had played a joke on everyone via Facebook (including me), so right before bed, I decided I wanted to call my mom and tell her I was coming home. But then I figured once I tell her the truth she'll freak out and be all pissed (besides, I played a pretty good joke on her last year already). So I decided to freak out the rest of my family and friends instead via email:
Hi all,
I guess this email is coming a little sooner than expected. I had been struggling over the last few weeks with applying for my Alien Registration Card. When it FINALLY came in, I thought things would be great and that I'd finally be legal here. Turns out I'm wrong. Some REALLY big idiot down in immigration made a mistake and didn't let me know beforehand (because another teacher had dropped off my documents without my presence) and now I am being sent back home in 1 month (that's as long as I can stay in Korea without being a legal resident). And now my main school is very angry and I don't think they'll be wanting me back. So there you have it...I guess my "one year" abroad just went into fast forward. I'm looking to see if I can find another job in a private school since they're always looking year round. Either way, I need to come home first and sort things out.
So if you're around, I guess I'll be seeing you...I'm very very very upset but I can't go into detail right now because all of the crying I've been doing all night has numbed me to no end. I can hardly even finish this email without wanting to throw my fridge out the window...
I've attached my itinerary below for those who are really excited that I'm coming home early. (at least someone is!)
Love,
Amy
[recipient then scrolls down to find...]
APRIL FOOLS! Do you really think I'd give up this opportunity that easily?!?
Did I fool you or was that just completely lame and immature? Either way, I'm bored and it's still April Fools Day back in the States and well, my little brain just couldn't resist. Sorry it wasn't very clever...my brain power has been masterfully sucked away by a plethora of kimchi lately.
If I fooled you, it's okay to cry with disappointment.
And if you're reading this post-April Fools Day...then whoops, guess I'm coming home early.
I'm quite proud of how well it turned out, considering how impulsive it was. Nearly everyone was fooled! Some didn't even see the joke part until I responded back and let them know. I assumed everyone would see right through it but I guess I am cleverer than I thought! Muahahahahaha. Meh, it was a good laugh.
The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yes, better us than your poor mom!!!
Post a Comment