When I arrived I knew about 0 words in Korean. It's been one month and I think I know 2. By the end of the year I should be able to form one complete sentence.
After a long (and usually boring) day at work, all I want to do is go home, lie on my bed, and watch OnStyle all night without moving. But most of the time, just as we're leaving the school, my coteacher decides to tell me we're going out to eat for dinner (this happens A LOT). I always get so mad and aggravated because I just want to go home! And then we start eating and I realize how much I love it when they make these rash decisions. Everyone said I'd lose weight because Korean food is so healthy and light. While this is true, I think I took advantage of this and overate. Plus people were taking me out to dinner left and right and it would be very impolite to decline. I LOVE free food. Especially delicious Korean food.
I love the mountains. It's not even spring time yet and they're already beautiful. You will hear much much more about my secret love affair with the mountains by the time the cherry blossoms and azaleas bloom. Just warning you.
I had my first visitor! Look who came to visit!

Ok ok so Andrew didn't come to Korea to see ME but he did come all the way to Yeongju to visit (and my town is not that exciting). It was great to see a familiar face (even though he looks just like every other person here, but that's beside the point). Either way, I think everyone should follow his example. And by that, I mean COME VISIT ME. I know it doesn't seem like a touristy country, but 1) that's good because then there's less tourists around! and 2) it's beautiful here! Especially if you are a big hiker/like Buddhist culture/like beaches with beautiful water/are from Wisconsin which is made up of -50% mountains.
I have also been complimented numerous times on my beautiful "BIG" eyes. How flattering! I've always thought I was pretty chinky, but apparently to many Koreans (young and old), I have very beautiful eyes and they are jealous. My vice principal's daughter even started using the stem of her glasses to try to enlarge her eyelids. She says she can't ever wear contacts because her eyes are too small. Crazy crazy.
Well, I have officially been dubbed a Korean. Yay for sticker pictures! I haven't done one of these since the Sanrio days in middle school.


1 comment:
That is going to be a really long 24 word sentence.
Post a Comment