
I got mixed reviews. Of course, my students with similar haircuts absolutely loved it! What I love/hate about Koreans is their honesty. Many others praised my new haircut as well and I knew they were telling the truth because of the expressions on their faces when they first saw me. And those who didn't like it much told me up front they liked my long hair better. There was no sugarcoating, no fake facial expressions. If their eyes widened and they smiled when they saw me, I know they liked it. If they looked indifferent or started shaking their head or whining "Aaaaamy/Miss Kueeeeee/Teeeachaaa I likeuh you hair longuh" it's pretty obvious they aren't fans.
The rest just said I look prettier than before. Hmm.
When I'm brave enough to REALLY be Korean, I'll walk around like this:


5 comments:
holy cow amy, you look really korean in the second picture! lol. you look like a cute little girl at the carnival with hair that short.. hehe.
-samy
hey, it's all part of the culture. personally i like you better with long hair too--but you always had it up in a ponytail anyway.
YOU LOOK GREAT WOMAN! I miss you though. <3
I'm very jealous of your weight loss and overall better physical condition. I lost 1 lb, but I'm pretty sure I traded muscle weight for fat. Keep it up! did you know tae kwon doe before you left for S. Korea?
AHAHAHAHA! What a good sport you are...I......LOVE IT....esp. the second photo! Please do come home looking exactly like that with the same do and all!
googlygirl--->Mai Khou
Post a Comment