I just finished my last English camp in Korea. It was very bittersweet. Anyone who has ever done English camps knows how exhausting they can be. They take a lot of planning and preparation, and when you live in a countryside like Bonghwa, you have to make sure you have everything you need because you can't afford that 1.5 hour ride to home and back to retrieve it. Regardless, camps are a nice break from my daily boring routine of classes since it fosters a totally different English learning environment from the classroom.
And I always have SO much fun.

I had some of my favorite students at this camp. I really liked the bunch because they were smart and enthusiastic about English. This makes teaching them more exciting and worthwhile on my part. Even though a lot of work goes into camps, I always enjoy doing them and getting to spend more time with my students (or with other wonderful students from other schools in the district).
The sad truth is, camps will be missed.
Yesterday after lunch, I waved over one of my favorite girls over and told her to buy me an ice cream. Without hesitation, she ran into the convenient store and came out with a nice cone.
I love that you can ask for something like that and not be reprimanded for it. And it's fun to see just how much my kids love and adore me! :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment