July 20, 2009

Korean matchmaking

Because of my lack of blog updating, here's a little random Korean tidbit to appease the Amy fans (i.e. Nue).

Today was one of the first non-rainy days in quite a while, so having finished a long day of English camp and needing to get back into shape, I decided to go for a little run up and down a nearby hill/exercise area. Upon doing my uphill sprints, an old Korean man stops me and tries to ask me questions. I tell him I don't speak Korean well and that I am an American teaching English. He questions me over a million more things, those to which I respond in Korean "I can't speak Korean" or "I don't know". He asks me over and over if I have a boyfriend. When I continue to say no, he grabs my arm and tells me to go with him. I assume he has a grandson (because he told me he's 80...umm not into dating him or a son who is 50) he wants to introduce me to. I can't really understand what he is saying but that's what I like to pretend he said. This just goes to show how unreserved Koreans can be with approaching others for English lessons/marriage/sexual favors/etc...but don't worry, I have yet to indulge.

Anyway, although the [creepy] gesture was flattering, I was put off by this for numerous reasons:

1) I was in the middle of running, so I was huffing and puffing and I was dripping sweat like I spent the night in a sauna. Yes, super sexy.
2) No way was I going to follow him to his house because he's a creepy old man I randomly met atop a hill.
3) Even if I were to go to his house, why would I want to meet this possible love of my life looking like a dying cow?
4) While telling him 80 times I didn't understand Korean and wasn't interested in meeting his grandson or whoever, I got bit about 8 times by the damn mosquitos.
5) As many of you may already know (via Facebook), I burned my thighs 2 months ago and had to be bandaged up for a good month. Long story short, we were at a hookah bar (not to be confused with hooker) and someone tugged on the pipe and the hookah fell over and the burning coals on top fell right into my lap (I was wearing a skirt).


Now it's been nearly a month since they fully healed, so this is their current state of condition:


continued...he pointed to my burn scars and proceeded to gesture to me that I need to wear longer shorts to cover them.
5.5) He became the first person since the incident to negatively comment on my scars, and for that, I choose not to become a part of his family, even if his grandson turns out to be the hottest, most amazing man alive with a private jet and a mansion in over 10 countries.

There you go. That should keep you all satisfied for a few more months, yea?

2 comments:

Elisabeth Eyre said...

wait wha? My mom said your mom said you got burned at a picnic because someone was cooking and you were standing too close and somehow the fire or coals or something landed on your legs?

Unknown said...

UFFFF!!!!
Me duele de solo mirar....

cariƱos amy!!!
:)