November 26, 2009

Consequently aware

Today's positive post:

In my after school class, many students enjoy playing on their cell phones during class (yes, every child has one, even when they're 5). So I find myself having to disrupt their awesome gaming by snatching their phones to keep until class is finished. One boy in particular is always caught playing. So today, he comes up to me and hands me his phone. He mumbled something in Korean, which I assume to be something like "please take this so I don't play in class." That made my job a lot easier!

Also, this is Korea-unrelated, but I spoke to my 5 year old niece. If you know Savannah, you can see how this pretty much sums up her personality.

She was looking through a real estate magazine so I asked her (via webcam) to pretend to sell me this house. This is how the conversation went:

Me: Hi, I would like to know more about this house. Can you give me some information?
Savannah: Okay sure. This is the biggest house of all. It is more huger and more spacious than other houses. You can put all your toys and things inside.
Me: Really? Nice. What else can you tell me?
Savannah: The stairs are realllllly long and it has a big backyard and huuuuuuge park.
Me: Ooh a park. What about the neighbors?
Savannah: The neighbors are really rice, unless their dog is barking at night then you need to tell them to be quiet.
Me: Haha, okay. I think I want to buy this house. Will you sell it to me?
Savannah: Well, I don't work here anymore. I used to but I got fired.
Me: What? How? Why?
Savannah: Umm, because I spit on the other houses.

I was so close to buying that house.

2 comments:

K. said...

she seems sassy!

Nue said...

make a video next time. lol